Saturday, May 25, 2013

Resort 2014: Flower Power in 'Moschino Cheap And Chic'


All Flower-Power-ed up are 'Moschino Cheap And Chic' in their Resort 2014 collection. This being one of my favorite seasons I am always looking for collections that show a new and/or improved version of vacation state-of-mind clothing. The perfect Resort collection is in fact the collection that you want to wear to Coachella, but there are two kinds of Resort collections: the obvious beach vibe collection and the not so obvious relaxed but creative collection.
With Moschino's Cheap And Chic Resort 2014 collection we're talking about the second kind. As you might have guessed from the cover photo, they took every hippie's motto: 'Flower Power Is The Way'. Then again a collection can have different angles keeping in mind that it still needs to be cohesive.

My Favorite Look

This is simply my favorite look because they updated the A-line dress. Resort is not really a season to play with volume so they toned it down without sacrificing too much of the basic structure. My favorite thing about this dress is however the hippie effect that this entire collection strongly has: the tie-dye effect. The A-line dress has a certain asymmetric structure but they really didn't pay attention to that when they picked the fabric. I am indeed glad because it totally eliminates the stiff structure that the asymmetric A-line dress has.


Next to my favorite look there are a couple of other looks that caught my eye for many reasons. First of all I have to compliment them on their use of color, the obvious route for a Resort collection would've been bright colors but they concentrated more on pastel colors and colors between pastel and bright shades. The most memorable dress certainly is the one with a sky background with PEACE on it. I'd like to see any of my hippie rolemodels in it any day of the week - floral crown included. The next thing that also caught my eye is a pastel colored green bag in the form of a cast. It's a fun and whimsical way to bring out the goof in everyone. It reminded me a lot of Alice + Olivia's winked eye cardigan.

The rest of the collection is filled with colorful combinations of high waisted skirts, shorts and long sleeved shirts.  


Here are a couple of my favorite looks:







Here is the rest of the collection:





Moschino Cheap And Chic didn't need to apologize for accessorizing, I give them mad props for their bags, glasses, worn out boots and of course floral crowns (it's the hippie thing to do!). I first saw the floral crown on Leighton Meester when she was performing with Check in the Dark. The cherry on top however is the fact that they ended the shoot with floral on floral without it looking like your moms garden.
Much Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Yes I would love to read them!
DiFashionista is an Independent Fashion blog written by Dionne Gesser, who finds it a priority to connect with (future) members and readers.