Friday, July 20, 2012

Fridaynight Movie: My Last Day Without You


I've always had a soft spot for Indie movies and this movie is no different. My Last Day Without You is simply a love story about two people who met each other in a difficult situation. Niklas (Ken Duken) and Leticia (Nicole Beharie) get to know each other in 12 hours. Niklas is in Brooklyn on a business trip and Leticia (singer-songwriter) shows him her world. When he has to fly back to Germany one of them has to sacrifice their hometown to figure out their connection.

I'm a sucker for love stories and this movie fits right in that category.  The acting was good, the chemistry was there and Nicole's epic yellow dress made the movie even better! Not only do I love the color yellow but they picked the perfect dress for her to wear in a movie about 12 hours in a day. Ken Duken's charmingly-handsome attitude was of course the cherry on top!
Just when you're about to say: "aww how cute" at the end of the movie, you will hear Nicole Beharie wow you with her amazing soulful voice and jazz inspired music. In the movie she sings five songs written just for this movie, but the movie titled song My Last Day Without You will blow you away! 
Ken Duken
Nicole Beharie
Ken Duken is a familiar German actor who also played along side Ed Westwick and Felicity Jones in Chalet Girl. Nicole Beharie is also know for her role in Shame (2011) starring Carey Mulligan and Michael Fassbender.

My Last Day Without You Official Website
My Last Day Without You Official Trailer
My Last Day Without You Video

Much Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Yes I would love to read them!
DiFashionista is an Independent Fashion blog written by Dionne Gesser, who finds it a priority to connect with (future) members and readers.