Sunday, September 16, 2012

Jean-Pierre Braganza RTW Spring/Summer 2013 collection


The first thing I thought when I saw Jean-Pierre's collection was "I would love to have a couple of these pieces in my closet". There's a lot of asymmetry and color blocking - and my favorite: print blocking - which can look so three months ago if there isn't a modern twist. Jean-Pierre claims that he designs for mature women with curves. If I could decide who his customer is for this season I would go with a bold teen who loves to be the stop-and-stare girl. I could totally see Solange Knowles with one of these pieces with sky blue eye shadow and her orange lipstick. My favorite pieces were the suit inspired pieces and the color blocking graphic dresses which I'd love to own. The collection is very vibrant and modern and it looked like a successful art project.
Jean-Pierre Braganza
Here are my favorite looks from this seasons Braganza runway show:







 


Here is the rest of the collection so you can pick your own favorites:








Jean-Pierre started his first collection back in 2003. He studied an art related major and that can be used as an advantage now that he is a designer. Art is most of the time also connected with tomboy and that influence can also be seen in his collection. I'm a fan and can't wait to see his next collection.
Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Yes I would love to read them!
DiFashionista is an Independent Fashion blog written by Dionne Gesser, who finds it a priority to connect with (future) members and readers.