Friday, September 14, 2012

Proenza Schouler RTW Spring/Summer 2013



I'm always looking forward to Proenza Schouler's collections and I surely wasn't disappointed when I saw this collection. They were actually one of my favorite collections for MBFW/NYFW. When you've heard what fabrics they used and how they manipulated their fabrics you'll know why I find it so awesome. First I have to compliment them on their under the sea prints - which is paradise for me.Next to that they used a lot of leather and surprise: there is a jean jacket included. I wouldn't have noticed if they didn't give it up. The leather part of the collection looks a bit biker inspired especially with the neck bands and the messy hair. It's amazing how they didn't make the models look too tomboy in their biker inspired and leather blazers and skirts. Another thing that really caught my eye were the color blocking or should I say print blocking dresses. They really stood out and they were my favorite pieces.

Lazaro Hernandez - Jack McCollough

Proenza Schouler is a brand by Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez. Jack and Lazaro met at Parsons School of Design and they've worked together ever since. P.S. started their collection in 2002. Proenza is the maiden name of Lazaro's mother and Schouler is the maiden name of Jack's mother. Proenza Schouler has been awarded with CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year Award in both 2007 and 2011. Proenza Schouler is also known for its handbags and shoes. Their designs can be found worldwide in Barney's and Bergdorf Goodman stores. Since last week it can also be found in their first store on Madison Avenue.

Here are a couple of my favorite looks:











The rest of the collection:











My favorite designers are Balmain and Burberry and their shows are yet to come but Proenza Schouler is getting on my good side! To think that a couple of years ago I only checked them out because Leighton Meester went to one of their Runway show. Then again it doesn't matter how it started, the important thing is that I love finding new talent (new to me). These days it's difficult to find talented people, but when I see it, I have to compliment!
Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Yes I would love to read them!
DiFashionista is an Independent Fashion blog written by Dionne Gesser, who finds it a priority to connect with (future) members and readers.