Friday, February 22, 2013

Print-tastic Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2013


Prabal Gurung is known for his exception use of prints but this season he has out-done his self - if it's possible. Staying true to his customer while heading in to the modern yet classic direction Prabal stunned in making sure his female customer doesn't get bored. From his A-line mini dress (cover pic) to turning sportswear fabric into wearable red carpet pants. I also have to give him props for his outstanding neon shoes that somehow balance out the use of floral prints. Let's not forget his use of prints in cardigans, biker jacket and coats which totally took over the look in most cases. Some can say his works too busy...but the separate piece also stun by themselves. If you don't believe me, wait for Prabal's good friend Zoe Saldana to show you!

The inspiration behind P.G.'s Pre-Fall 2013 collection are three things that someone other than Prabal couldn't mix together! Well my Fashion-friend try putting together vintage Versace and Versus ads, stills from Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet and pictures of his native Nepal.

Models: Kremi Otashliyska, Tian Yi and Tilda Lindstam.

Here are a couple of my favorite looks:











My Favorite Look
Why is this my favorite look?
This look is simply my favorite because it binds the whole collection together. It has a little piece of the rest of the looks, it has a modern side (mix of prints), a little classic (black and white), it has color and it's not too feminine. This totally describes the Prabal Gurung customer 


Here is the rest of the collection:











Another thing I can truly appreciate about this collection is the fact that there are looks with a certain simplicity about them and then there are looks that totally dare you and then there are best dressed red carpet looks that I can't wait to see...on anyone really!
Much Love,

Want to know more about Fashion? Check out my:
Twitter
Tumblr
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Pose

or Contact me on: difashionista@live.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Yes I would love to read them!
DiFashionista is an Independent Fashion blog written by Dionne Gesser, who finds it a priority to connect with (future) members and readers.