Sunday, September 16, 2012

House of Holland RTW Spring/Summer 2013 collection


It's obvious that you have to be cool to be rocking an original House of Holland and that's what I really liked about this collection. It's very flower power meets beach babe meets too cool for school kind of girl and I think that, that's what he's really going for. I can totally see his kind of customer, I'm immediately thinking Ivy (from 90210). She likes the beach, skating, sufing, kings of leon and tie dye. My favorite pieces were the tie-dye/paint-drop pieces. I give Henry mad props for creating looks for girls that don't look at the brand but the clothes.
Henry Holland

Henry Holland has two clothing lines H! by Henry Holland and House of Holland. The 29 year old British designer used to show with Fashion East but in 2008 he started his solo line. Henry claims that he designs for the UK girl and that he always feels inspired by a culture and his surroundings. Most people know him for designing M.I.A.'s long sleeved black and white poca dots dress for the 51st Grammy Awards. If you don't know what I'm talking about its the dress M.I.A. wore when she was pregnant.

Here are a couple of my favorite pieces from HOH from this season:










Here is the rest of the collection:








There aren't a lot of Ivy's on the planet but perhaps more girls should stop looking at the brand because fashion and style - mostly style though - have everything to do with personality and not the person who made it.
Much Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts? Yes I would love to read them!
DiFashionista is an Independent Fashion blog written by Dionne Gesser, who finds it a priority to connect with (future) members and readers.